Groupcast at the offices of the Atlanta Bar Association
9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Atlanta Bar Association
229 Peachtree Street NE
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Practicing Law Institute and Atlanta Bar CLE will continue working together to bring PLI programs to you!
PLI is dedicated to providing the legal community with the most up-to-date, relevant information and techniques which are critical to the development of a professional, competitive edge.
More of PLI's sophisticated and cutting-edge programs will be webcast live at the Atlanta Bar Association Office through May 2015.
6.5 CLE hours
Masterclass in Foreign Trust Taxation and Planning
- Foreign trusts and domestic trusts: a comparison of tax and non-tax definitions
- Taxation of foreign trusts and their beneficiaries
- Classification of foreign trusts as grantor trusts or complex trusts
- Are foreign trusts still relevant in international tax and estate planning?
- Treatment of foreign entities owned by foreign trusts under the CFC and PFIC regimes—and related planning
- Dealing with mobility—planning for the immigration and emigration of settlors, beneficiaries, and trustees
- Decanting and migration—why it is done and a comparison of consequences
- Planning for distributions to U.S. beneficiaries
International Tax Reporting for Private Clients, OVDI and Alternatives to OVDI
- Review of experience in the foreign account voluntary disclosure programs
- Dealing with complexity---review of international tax reporting obligations for private clients
- Why international tax reporting has assumed special importance
- The continuing availability of voluntary disclosure
- Alternatives to voluntary disclosure
FATCA and Foreign Trust Structures
- What are “accounts” and who are “account holders” in FFI trusts and underlying companies?
- Who are Substantial U.S. Owners/U.S. Controlling Persons in NFFE trusts and underlying companies?
- What are the most appealing compliance options for FFI trusts and underlying companies?
- How are corporate directors, nominee shareholders, and PTCs classified?
Immigration and Emigration
- U.S. immigration planning for high net worth clients
- Accidental American citizenship
- Terminating American citizenship
- Terminating Green Card status
Introduction to Sharia Law in International Estate Planning
- Nature of Islamic law and jurisprudence
- Impact of Sharia inheritance law on estate devolution
- Conflict of law rules
- Formalities for making effective gifts and clawback rules
Register online and view more information at www.pli.edu