BEER & CLE TRIPARTITE SERIES - SESSION TWO
Election 2016: The Method Behind the Madness
1 CLE hour
Networking, drinks and hors d'oeuvres: 5:30 pm
Program: 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Moderator: Matthew Simmons, Shepherd Law, LLC
Randy Evans, Partner at Dentons and Political Heavyweight
The purpose of this CLE is to provide lawyers and non-lawyers alike an inside look into the political process from both a national and local perspective. Mr. Evans is one of the, if not the most, politically-connected people in Georgia and will be prepared to impart a wide-breadth of knowledge on this topic to the attendees.
Why you Need to Attend – This unique CLE event provides those in attendance with an opportunity to hear directly from a person entrenched in the political process.
Materials to be Distributed – Mr. Evans and his team at Dentons will prepare and send, in advance, CLE-approved written materials to all attendees detailing the nature of their respective tips, tools, and advice.
• Nomination – how and why certain individuals are able to win the backing of their respective party.
• The Race for Elected Office – the thinking behind the choices candidates make with respect to their
messaging, political stance, and positioning with respect to their opponent(s).
• Winning the Election – how and why someone is able to win their respective election and the office
(House, Senate, Executive) for which he or she was running.
• Decisions while in Office – why do politicians make the choices they do while they do during their elected
term and the strategy behind these positions.
• Getting Re-elected – how and why does someone get re-elected or unseated by either the opposing
party or even someone from his or her own party.
Atlanta Bar Member: $40
Law Students: $25 for Members/$35 for Non-Members
Register for all three seminars and save!
Atlanta Bar Member: $90
Law Students: $60 for Members/$85 for Non-Members
Written materials will be emailed before the seminar to all pre-registrants, and after the session to at-door registrants.
Registration is now closed. Walk up registration is permitted for this event.
MAKE IT A 2 FOR 2
Bring a non-member to this event at the Section Member price and get entered into a drawing for multiple prizes, including free membership, discounts to area attractions and restaurants, and more! Visit the Atlanta Bar 2 for 2 webpage for rules and more information. Use #ATLBar2for2
Follow the Section's activities on Facebook and Tweet live from the event! Use #ACYL