Internal Investigations 2014 PLI Webcast
9:00 AM to 4:45 PM
Atlanta Bar Association
229 Peachtree Street NE
Phone: (404) 521-0781
Practicing Law Institute and Atlanta Bar CLE will continue working together to bring PLI programs to you!
PLI is dedicated to providing the legal community with the most up-to-date, relevant information and techniques which are critical to the development of a professional, competitive edge.
More of PLI's sophisticated and cutting-edge programs will be webcast live at the Atlanta Bar Association Office through May 2014.
6 CLE hours, including 1 Ethics hour
Knowing how to conduct efficient and effective internal investigations is key to protecting your clients or company. Companies and their counsel need to be diligent and proactive in identifying risks and remedying potential issues. At this program, an expert faculty will review the fundaments of conducting an effective and efficient investigation, and touch on the many more nuanced and practical issues arising today. Leave the program with a better understanding of how to handle investigations successfully for your clients or company.
What you will learn
- Considerations at the outset: nature and scope of the investigation
- Document retention and data privacy issues
- Plaintiffs’ lawyers considerations: internal self-reporting to the company vs. filing with the government
- Issues in international investigations
- The intersection of labor and employment law and internal investigations
- When and how to work with outside experts
- When you should disclose and when you should not
- The government’s use, evaluation and weighing of internal investigations
- Concluding the investigation: when to prepare a report and how, corrective actions, cooperation with the government
- Ethical issues: warnings to witnesses, representational issues, the rights of employees, avoiding obstruction, indemnification and advancement
« Go to Upcoming Event List