Atlanta Bar Employment Opportunity
Tuesday, January 3, 2017
Posted by: Kristyn Girardeau
Large metro bar association seeks full-time CLE Director to plan and develop MCLE-approved continuing legal education programs presented in a variety of delivery formats, working collaboratively with the CLE Board of Trustees, other Bar leaders and volunteers, and staff. The ideal candidate is organized, keen for details, able to prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Responsible for the planning, development and accreditation of CLE programs for the Atlanta Bar Association in conjunction with the CLE Board of Trustees and Sections and for reporting lawyer attendance to the State Bar of Georgia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Works with the CLE Chair and Board to plan the CLE calendar for the fiscal year and coordinates the CLE seminars – both live, phone and web based – including, but not limited to, the following tasks:
• Developing an annual budget for CLE programs
• Planning, creating materials for and executing an annual Board Orientation
• Developing and updating the calendar of seminars and programs for the year
• Collaborating with CLE Board, marketing and registrations staff, and Section chairs for all CLE concerns
• Handling all functions of each CLE seminar including:
- Determining topic and delivery format
- Selecting date and site
- Negotiating and executing contracts and agreements with sites and CLE providers
- Assisting with the creation of marketing material and program promotion
- Helping select speakers, program chairs and planning committees
- Communicating with speakers, program chairs and planning committees
- Compiling and organizing handout material of either electronic or print
- Overseeing registration, name tags, sign-in sheets and other necessary documents for each seminar
- Securing appropriate staffing for each event
- Completing all follow-up requirements after each seminar, such as reporting hours earned for accreditation
• Keeping records of all CLE activities including financial and attendance reports for each seminar, and other statistics and metrics as necessary
Reports to the Executive Director; Works collaboratively with CLE Board of Trustees, Section Chairs, Association members and other staff members
Bachelor Degree; JD degree a plus; Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point; Good written, analytical, oral communication and presentation skills; Polished interpersonal and networking skills; Good independent and team worker
Preferred Skills: Familiarity with the Atlanta legal community and/or legal CLE; Experience working with volunteer boards; Customer service experience Salary commensurate with work experience.
Salary in low to mid 60k with generous benefits package.
Send resumes and salary requirements to email@example.com.