Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Consumer Problems
Share |
Team Clark Howard's Consumer Action Center: (404) 892-8227
Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.

Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs:    (404) 651-8600 or (800) 869-1123
Handles complaints regarding: automobile issues, debt reaffirmation, elder fraud, health spas, home improvements, identity theft, no call list, and retail stores
ClearPoint (formerly CredAbiltiy/Consumer Credit Counseling): (800) 251-2227
Nonprofit that will help consolidate bills for low/no fee - an alternative to bankruptcy
Also has housing programs, budget and credit counseling, debt management programs, student loan counseling, education seminars, and military stability programs 
National Foundation for Credit Counseling:    (202) 677-4300  
Assists consumers with finding qualified credit counselors in their area. 

Starting in October 2005, anyone considering bankruptcy must complete a certified credit counseling program before they can file 

Better Business Bureau:     (404) 688-4910
Manages and lists complaints against businesses

Governor’s Office/Complaints: (404) 656-3790 or (800) 869-1123  

Insurance Commissioner: (404) 656-2056  
Information on Insurance Companies 

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation: (877) 275-3342

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency: (800) 613-6743
Handles complaints regarding national banks  

Office of Thrift Supervision:   (404) 888-0771
Manages complaints regarding federal savings banks or savings and loans

Federal Trade Commission – Southeast Regional Office: (877) 382-4357

Credit Bureaus
Equifax:           (800) 685-1111 
TransUnion:    (800) 916-8800 
Experian:         (888) 397-3742
Any complaints about credit bureaus should be directed to the Federal Trade Commission 

National Fraud Information Center of the National Consumers League
Has information regarding telemarketing, Internet, and elder fraud, as well as scams against businesses       

HUD – U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: (404) 331-5136
For information on how to buy a HUD home, selling, foreclosures, etc., and information on how to make a complaint for housing discrimination.  

GA Commission on Equal Opportunity: (404) 656-6003 or (800) 473-OPEN
Handles complaints about housing discrimination within the State of Georgia

Georgia Public Service Commission: (404) 656-4501 or (800) 282-5813 

Regulates Telecommunications, transportation, electric & natural gas services.

Georgia Real Estate Commission/Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board:  (404) 653-3916 
Has information on licensure law that regulates brokers, salespersons, and community association managers.  Also handles complaints. 
Food and Drug Administration (FDA):    (404) 253-1169 (consumer complaints)  
To report adverse reactions or other problems with FDA-regulated products.  


Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal