Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Consumer Problem Resources
Share |
Consumer Problem Resources

Team Clark Howard's Consumer Action Center:
(404) 892-8227  I  Monday - Friday 10:00 am – 7:00 pm

Governor's Office of Consumer Affairs:
(404) 651-8600 or (800) 869-1123
Handles complaints regarding: automobile issues, debt reaffirmation, elder fraud, health spas, home improvements, identity theft, no call list, and retail stores.

ClearPoint (formerly CredAbiltiy/Consumer Credit Counseling): (800) 251-2227
Nonprofit that will help consolidate bills for low/no fee - an alternative to bankruptcy.  Also has housing programs, budget and credit counseling, debt management programs, student loan counseling, education seminars, and military stability programs.

National Foundation for Credit Counseling:
(202) 677-4300
Assists consumers with finding qualified credit counselors in their area. Starting in October 2005, anyone considering bankruptcy must complete a certified credit counseling program before they can file.

Better Business Bureau:
(404) 688-4910
Manages and lists complaints against businesses

Governor’s Office/Complaints:
(404) 656-3790 or (800) 869-1123

Insurance Commissioner:
(404) 656-2056
Information on Insurance Companies

Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation:
(877) 275-3342

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency:
(800) 613-6743
Handles complaints regarding national banks

Office of Thrift Supervision:
(404) 888-0771
Manages complaints regarding federal savings banks or savings and loans

Federal Trade Commission – Southeast Regional Office:
(877) 382-4357

Credit Bureaus
Equifax: (800) 685-1111
TransUnion: (800) 916-8800
Experian: (888) 397-3742
Any complaints about credit bureaus should be directed to the Federal Trade Commission

National Fraud Information Center of the National Consumers League:
Has information regarding telemarketing, Internet, and elder fraud, as well as scams against businesses

HUD – U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development: (404) 331-5136
For information on how to buy a HUD home, selling, foreclosures, etc., and information on how to make a complaint for housing discrimination.

GA Commission on Equal Opportunity:
(404) 656-6003 or (800) 473-OPEN
Handles complaints about housing discrimination within the State of Georgia

Georgia Public Service Commission:
(404) 656-4501 or (800) 282-5813
Regulates Telecommunications, transportation, electric & natural gas services.

Georgia Real Estate Commission/Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board:
(404) 653-3916
Has information on licensure law that regulates brokers, salespersons, and community association managers. Also handles complaints.

Food and Drug Administration (FDA):
(404) 253-1169 (consumer complaints)
To report adverse reactions or other problems with FDA-regulated products.



For the Community

- Layman's Lawyer Radio Show
- Modest Means Program

For Attorneys

- LRIS Board of Trustees
- Join the LRIS
- LRIS Forms
- Join the Bar

Call (404) 521-0777


Online Referral Request
Association Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal